Report Dated: Tuesday, July 26, 2011
New Delhi: American automobile major General Motors Monday launched the diesel version of its bestseller hatchback Beat at a price ranging between Rs.429,000 to Rs.545,000 (ex-showroom Delhi).
"We are confident that the all-new Beat diesel will prove to be a game changer for its segment," said Karl Slym, president and managing director, General Motors India.
According to the company, the car offers the mileage 24 km per litre.
The new version of the hatchback is equipped with Dual Over-Head Cam (DOHC) engine which comes with common rail fuel injection technology.
"The Beat Diesel's SMARTECH engine is complemented by a high torque transmission that offers smooth, effortless gear changes," the company said in a statement.
The car also features pro-vario assist featherlite electronic power steering (EPS) with human comfort technology that provides power steering assistance while parking and driving at low speed.
"Its hydraulic clutch requires extremely low pedal effort. The Smart Engine and Clutch Protection Mode minimises clutch wear (and tear) while further improving fuel efficiency," the statement said.
Currently the company offers a wide range of products in
· ABS with Dual Airbags and high-strength steel body
· 1.0 XSDE SMARTECH Common Rail Diesel engine
· Available in 3 Variant PS, LS & LT
· Automatic climate control
· Integrated Music System + Tilt Steering
· Superior torque delivery from very low engine RPMs for a peppy drive
· 60:40 split-folding rear seat
· Ground Clearance of 175 mm for safety from pot holes and speed humps
: 24KMPL/ARAI Certified
· 936cc 3-Cylinders Diesel Engine
· Max Power: 62.50 PS
· Max Torque: 160 Nm/L
· Suspension Front: McPherson Strut type with Anti-roll Bar
· Suspension Rear: Compound Crank Type
· Gas filled front & rear Shock Absorbers
· Front Brakes: Disc and Rear: Drum
· 165/65 R14 Tubeless Tyres
· Wheel: 14 x 4.5J Steel / Alloy on Top Variant
· Length: 3640 mm
· Width: 1595 mm
· Height: 1520 mm
· Ground Clearance: 175 mm
· Wheelbase: 2375 mm
· Weight: 1027 kg
· PS: 4,29,490
· LS: 4,59,990
· LT: 4,99,990
· LT Optional: 5,45,990